United States immigration law allows people with certain skills and talents to be admitted to the U.S. on a temporary basis. Also known as nonimmigrant visas, these visas are available in a broad range of categories.
At Van Der Hout LLP, our San Francisco temporary visa lawyers assist businesses, families, and individual clients in California and from around the world with work visa-related issues. As a law firm dedicated only to immigration law, we provide detailed, personalized services specific to each case and help our clients navigate the nonimmigrant work visa application process with efficiency and success.
Call our law office directly at 415-981-3000 to learn more about our services.
The following is a list of the most highly utilized nonimmigrant visas:
- B-1 business visitors
- E-1 or E-2 visas for an employee (or the trader or investor him/herself) of a company with majority ownership by citizens of a country with which the U.S. has a trade or investment treaty
- E-3 visas for Australian nationals under a treaty agreement
- F-1 visa for a student in possession of a USCIS-issued employment authorization document for “optional practical training” or an authorization to work indicated on the student’s Form I-20 issued by a school official for “curricular practical training”
- H-1B Requirements and Processing Procedures visa for a professional employee in a “specialty occupation” who holds a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in the applicable field of endeavor
- H-1B1 visas specifically for people from Chile and Singapore
- J-1 visa for an exchange visitor with specific authorization to work for your company or as an intern or trainee
- L-1A for intracompany managerial/executive transfer from overseas office
- L-1B for intracompany “specialized knowledge” transfer from overseas office
- O-1 visa for a person with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics
- R-1 for professional religious workers
- TN visas for professionals from Canada or Mexico
Whichever type of visa is best suited for your needs, our attorneys can assist you effectively. We have direct experience with every category and have successfully handled many applications involving highly unusual circumstances.
CONTACT US TO TALK TO A CALIFORNIA H-1B VISA LAWYER
For more information about the work visa process or other visa processes and to start planning for your future success, call us directly at 415-981-3000, or contact us via email at our San Francisco law offices to schedule an appointment. Initial consultations are provided at a rate discounted from our standard fee.
Spanish and French Language Services Available