Van Der Hout LLP


Nationwide Immigration Law Firm Serving Clients Throughout The World

At Van Der Hout LLP, we specialize in providing immigration services to clients in San Francisco, all of California, as well as throughout the country and the world. With four of our attorneys certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as Immigration and Nationality Law specialists, we are uniquely situated to provide you with the legal counsel you require.

We have handled numerous university professor permanent residence and temporary visa applications for a number of prominent schools in the Bay Area and throughout the country. If you are a university or college professor recruiter and would like to discuss university faculty immigration requirements, contact our law firm directly.

Bay Area Attorneys Helping Professors Obtain Permanent Residency

Most often, employers seeking to hire foreign nationals as full-time, permanent employees must go through the full labor certification, or PERM, process. However, there is a streamlined process available for college or university professors seeking permanent residence in the U.S. Our Palo Alto university professor permanent residence lawyers have experience and expertise in handling these special certifications.

The “special handling” for college or university professors is an expedited labor certification process that does not require an additional recruitment process. The following are examples of the specific qualifications for the “special handling” process:

  • The college or university must provide courses toward the completion of a bachelor’s degree or higher degree.
  • The faculty position open must include classroom teaching.
  • The college or university must have also placed a print advertisement for the faculty position in at least one national professional journal.
  • The special handling application must be filed within 18 months of the job offer made to the foreign national.
  • The foreign national must be seen as the most qualified candidate for the position by the college or university at the time of the job offer.

San Francisco Law Firm Seeking Temporary Visas For University Professors

Our law firm is also available to assist individuals seeking temporary employment in the U.S. We can help you understand the requirements behind such temporary visas like the O-1 visa for foreign nationals of extraordinary ability.

Contact An Experienced Immigration Attorney

For skilled legal assistance with your university professor permanent residence or nonimmigrant application, contact us directly to schedule your consultation.

Spanish and French Language Services Available

We represent clients in a broad variety of matters including:

Español: Servicios Jurídicos

Ready To Assist With Your Immigration Issues

Fields marked with an * are required
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.