Prior to joining Van Der Hout LLP, Miosotti Tenecora was an asylum officer at the USCIS San Francisco Asylum Office. At the asylum office, Miosotti adjudicated affirmative asylum applications, and credible and reasonable fear determinations. Prior to working at the asylum office, Miosotti worked at the non-profit, Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto (CLSEPA). At CLSEPA, Miosotti focused on both affirmative and removal defense immigration cases that included asylum, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, U visas, T visas, and other humanitarian forms of relief.
While at Boston University School of Law, Miosotti participated in the International Human Rights clinic and completed a 6-month semester-in-practice externship with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the Dominican Republic.
Prior to attending law school, Miosotti worked at various non-profits/agencies advocating for human rights, such as Sanctuary for Families and the Permanent Mission of the Principality of Andorra to the United Nations.
Miosotti is a compassionate advocate that believes legal representation accompanied by aggressive advocacy with other stakeholders can truly create fairness, accountability, transparency, and overall justice in the U.S. immigration system.
- State of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., Juris Doctorate | 2019
- Concordia University Irvine, Master of Arts, International Studies | 2014
- Fordham University, B.S., Bachelor of Science, Accounting | 2010
Pro Bono Activities
- AILA Northern California Chapter, San Francisco EOIR Liaison
Professional Association and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Fixin’ San Mateo County, Board of Directors