Jennie Liu is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall) in 2004, with the honor of Order of the Coif (top 10%). She earned her Bachelor's of Arts degree in Philosophy from Stanford University in 2000.
Ms. Liu joined Van Der Hout, Brigagliano & Nightingale, LLP in 2012. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Liu practiced employment-based immigration law with firms in San Francisco and San Jose. She previously was a staff attorney with Bay Area Legal Aid, where she represented domestic violence survivors in family law and immigration matters, including applications for U visas.
Ms. Liu has served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the late Honorable Napoleon A. Jones, Jr. of the United States Federal District Court, Southern District of California.
During law school, Ms. Liu interned with the Asian Law Caucus and the East Bay Community Law Center.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Employment-Based Visas and Petitions
- Family-Based Visas and Petitions
- Adjustment of Status
- Consular Processing
- Labor Certification
- U.S. Federal Courts
- Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley, California - 2004
- Honors: Order of the Coif (top 10%).
- Honors: Intern, Asian Law Caucus and the East Bay Community Law Center.
- Stanford University
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: Philosophy
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Napoleon A. Jones, Jr. of the United States Federal District Court, Southern District of California, Judicial Law Clerk
- Bay Area Legal Aid
- Immigration Law Group LLP
- Tafapolsky & Smith LLP
- Mandarin Chinese